Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thrifting Find: Vintage Wooden Ornaments


This year's Christmas tree in our apartment is studded with vintage wooden ornaments that I collected this November at thrift stores.  They are gorgeous and beat up a bit and perfectly lovey.  They definitely breathe a bit of child-like goodness into our apartment.  And the best part... 95% of the ornaments were only 25¢.  The other 5% were only 50¢.  I got over 75 ornaments.  That's about $20 for a tree full of vintage ornaments.  Considering how much the plain ole glass ornaments are... that's a stellar deal.  It's also pretty priceless not looking like everyone else. 


Nutcrackers are my favorite.
 
Our lights were the big vintage ones as well. So dreamy....

1 comment:

  1. I love the wooden ornaments. One of my trees downstairs has nothing but wooden ornaments that I have bought over the years while living in Alaska. I too, like a good bargain!
    Noah has collected nut crackers since he was 4 years old. The big lights remind me of grandmommy's tree while growing up. I have those on one of my big trees outside. Beautiful against the snow! Merry Christmas to you and Andrew, oh and Bailey!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Please come back soon!